Silicon Valley Partners with Beijing for First Ever Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition
2013 the first Zhongguancun-Silicon Valley Innovation & Entrepreneurship Competition is organized by China High-Tech Industry Center-Zhongguancun Science Park (Z-Park) and undertaken by Entrepreneur China Magazine and Hanhai Z-Park. With the theme of innovation and entrepreneurship leading the world, this competition is to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship, tap into high-tech talents and promote the convergence of technology and finance.
The competition, which encourages start-ups from both the U.S. and China to participate, will take place in Silicon Valley and Zhongguancun simultaneously from May through November 2013, with Silicon Valley finals in October that will include a challenge from the world’s top investment experts. Leaders from venture capital firms and incubators in both the U.S. and China, including Sequoia Capital, DCM, IDG, West Summit Capital, Northern Light Capital, Zhen Fund, Y-Combinator, Plug & Play, 500 Startups, and others, will serve as judges. Start-up finalists from the Silicon Valley region will be awarded with generous cash prizes, including $50,000 USD to the winner, tutoring and a chance to participate in Demo China Spring 2014. Finalists will also be invited to join the Beijing Communication Conference with finalists from the Beijing portion of the competition.
The event will take place in Zhongguancun and Silicon Valley simultaneously from May, 2013 to Nov., 2013, spanning as long as 7 months. The press conference will be officially launched via video communication on the morning of May 14th, 2013 (Beijing Time) and May 13th, 2013 (PST). By that time, there will be VIP appearances including the Chinese Consul General in San Francisco,, leaders from Z-Park and renowned US and Chinese VCs.
This event will be opened for US and Chinese startups and provide an opportunity for communications among US and Chinese entrepreneurs. Renowned experts from VC firms as well as incubators will be invited to be the judges. The final competition will take place in Oct., 2013. After rounds of selection, the final candidates will be challenged by the world’s top-class investment experts on the day of final competition. Winners from both the Beijing region and Silicon Valley region will enjoy attractive awards including generous cash awards, the tutoring and chances to participate in the final of Demo China Spring 2014.
After the event, the organizing committee will invite the 12 final teams from Silicon Valley region to take part in the Communication Conference with the counterpart of Beijing region.
Awards Silicon Valley Region:
1. The Silicon Valley region of the competition will choose one first prize with the bonus of 50,000USD, one second prize with the bonus of 35,000USD, and one third prize with the bonus of 20,000USD;
2. 12 finalists will be invited to Beijing to visit Z-Park and take part in the communication conference with the start-up winners of Beijing region (one free quota from each start-up, with round-trip air tickets and accommodation in Beijing).
3. Winners settled in Z-Park have priority to be recommended to venture capital institutions.
4. Winners can access to relevant Zhongguancun innovative incubators and enjoy the tutoring to have better understanding towards Chinese market.
5. Winners in Silicon Valley region can directly participate in the final of Demo China Spring 2014.
Awards Beijing Region:
1. Beijing Region of the competition will choose one first prize, two second prize and three third prize. Winners will enjoy one month free incubation services in 500 start-ups or Plug & Play. The candidates ranking from 7th to 12th will enjoy one semester free incubation services in Zhongguancun innovative incubators
2. Winners will be introduced to the upstream and downstream chain enterprises.
3. The finalists will become the Golden Seed enterprises directly and enjoy the relevant services.
4. The finalists have priority to be recommended to venture capital institutions.
Learn More: http://z-sviec.cyzone.cn/2013/index_english.html
About Entrepreneur China
Founded in 2007, Entrepreneur China was co-invested by IDG and other world-renowned VC firms. Entrepreneur China has a content partnership with Entrepreneur Media Inc in the U.S. Entrepreneur China serves as a partner for Chinese entrepreneurs to succeed. Entrepreneur China Magazine is a monthly commercial journal focusing on innovation, start-ups and their growth. CYZONE.cn is the most influential domestic portal and interactive platform focusing on entrepreneurs and start-ups. Kuailiyu.com is one of the top tech blogs in China. Entrepreneur China also hosts a series of influential events including DEMO CHINA, The Hot 100 of Entrepreneur China，China Franchise 50，Entrepreneur China Annual Forum, DEMO CHINA club.
SOURCE: Zhongguancun-Silicon Valley Innovation & Entrepreneurship Competition